It's best to cook your turkey the method that works best for you! These are just a few suggestions.
Do not overcook! - Fresh-killed turkeys are young, tender and juicy and they cook more quickly than a previously frozen one. Moreover, they are high in protein, low in calories and cholesterol.
To cook your Maple Lawn turkey:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Add approximately 2 cups of water in bottom of pan, 4 cups for larger birds
- Salt and pepper the turkey, add a few pats of butter on skin and sprinkle with a little flour for a tasty skin
- Cook at 450 degrees for the 1st hour
- Lower temperature to 350 degrees for the remainder of time
- Turkeys require approximately 10 minutes per pound
- Stuffed turkeys take longer (at least 1/2 hour longer or more)
- Use a covered pan or make a tent with tinfoil
- Remove lid the last 1/2 hour if not sufficiently browned
Thank you and enjoy your turkey!